Today our tutorial How to Root Karbonn Smart Tab 8 Velox and Smart Tab 10 Cosmic with crystal rooting tool. If you look at the current tablet segment in Indian market then you would realize that two Karbonn Smart tab 8 velox and smart tab 10 cosmic are indeed great Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean devices for the price. Both these tablets are performing exceptionally well due to the dual core processor. There is small difference between them in terms of camera since Karbonn smart Tab 8 Velox is packed with 2MP snapper whereas Tab 10 Cosmic has 3 MP snapper. Most of the hardware specifications of these two tablets are very much similar except the fact that smart tab 8 velox lacks dedicated GPU.
Well, it’s time to move on to the actual focus rather than talking about specifications of these two tablets. This simple guide will let you root Karbonn smart tab 8 velox as well as smart tab 10 cosmic and will allow you to unleash the true potentials of android device. After rooting the device you can do great things like installing clockworkmod recovery mode which helps to flash custom based ROM's.
This rooting tutorial will only applicable for both Karbonn Smart 8 velox and tab 10 Cosmic. Don't try to apply on other karbonn smart tabs.
You've enabled USB debugging.
The current battery level is more than 75%.
Rooting voids the warranty of your device.
No one is responsible for the damage that may cause by following this guide.
We will make sure that you don't damage your device and would also help you if you do so mistakenly.
Download the Crystal Rooting tool from here zip file size will be 578 KB. Don't try to extract the zip file.
Steps and Procedure to Root Karbonn Smart Tab 8 or 10
1. First step did you tick the box saying USB Debugging? If not, you must do the same before going ahead because it does help in situations when you brick your device. You can enable this option by going into Settings > Development options.
2. After enabling the USB debugging. Connect the tab to PC and copy the rooting zip file into the root directory of external SD card storage.
Note: Please don't place it in internal memory because it won't be detected if it is placed under internal memory.
3. Now it's time to turn off your tablet. Again Press Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously till the time Karbonn logo is displayed on your screen.
4. This will take you to the stock recovery of Karbonn ST8 and ST10.
5. Use the volume up and volume down buttons to navigate up and down and power button to make your selection.
6. Scroll to the third option called Apply Update from EXT and browse to the location where you've placed rooting zip file in the external SD card. See the below picture then you will get an idea.
7. Select the file and confirm flashing.
8. Within few minutes the flashing process will finish and you'll have a rooted Karbonn Smart Tab 8 or Tab 10 in your hands.
How to check if the tablet is rooted or not ?
It’s easy to check if the tablet is rooted or not. Simply download an application from Google Play store “Root Checker”. It will perform its tests and let you know whether you've rooted successfully or not. Also, you can also check for the same
Do let me know in the comments below if you’re not able to root your Karbonn smart tab 8 or smart tab 10 successfully. I will definitely try my best to clear the doubts.